Monday, August 22, 2011

Who? What? Where? When? Why?

Who: Some of the who was answered in the first post. But of course there is more to me and I’m sure it will come out as time goes on. So here are some extra tidbits about me. I like arts and crafts type things like crocheting and painting. I would like to learn how to sew. I also sing, play the piano and I play a little acoustic guitar.

What: Intentional: on purpose. This defines the type of parent I want to be for Isaiah. I am parenting Isaiah in a way that is different from how I was brought up. So instead of relying on what I know I have to purposefully seek other ways and purposefully apply them. Brown: The color of my skin. I usually don’t like to focus on skin color when it comes to things but since becoming pregnant I have found that there is a huge disparity regarding all things good for baby in the African-American community. Including mortality rates and breastfeeding to name a couple. Mama: a mother.That's what I am, and I take it very seriously.
Where: Virginia

When: Hopefully once  a week

Why: So I can have a place to express and share my thoughts and feelings about things I am learning about motherhood. I also hope to be a face for other mamas, particularly my fellow brown mamas.

(Please excuse this brown color. I'm still trying to figure this out!)
(Never mind, I figured it out!)



No comments:

Post a Comment