Friday, September 23, 2011

Sick

For the past 3 1/2 weeks Isaiah and I have been coughing. We have both seen our doctor and she reassured me that he does not have whooping cough and I just have allergies. Besides having this cold, today for the first time someone made me physically sick because of a conversation they were having.

The conversation was about a 1 year old who is not crawling yet and has 2 doting sisters. For some reason they thought it would be a good idea to start beating (their word, not mine) this baby. And it was ok to leave him on the floor on his belly for 20 minutes while he buried his head in the carpet crying. I cannot for the life of me figure out why a 1 year old baby would need a beating, spanking, or whatever you want to call it, for any reason. We left after the conversation was over. I felt physically ill after and I was trying to hold back tears once I was in the hallway. I can't for the life of me figure out the logic for hitting a baby because they are not crawling yet. And oh yeah, according to one of them, boys are lazy. If I was one of the males in that room I would have been terribly offended.
Phew...Glad I got that out.

Now I can see how God has changed my heart. A few months ago I don't know if I would of had the same reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment